Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's over....

Festival has ended. Well, the Fringe Festival at least, and Edinburgh is like a ghost town now. I am sure the locals will be happy to see the backsides of us. 26 shows in 28 days...I wish i could reflect on what that actually means, but I am so f'ing wiped out I can barely string a sentence together.

Sunday's show was a delight- Chrissy, my director, made a 7 hr train journey just to see the show at the end of the run and give me her verdict. (positive!) Then I took the "team"- Chrissy, Steve (producer) and Nancy (press/pr) out for a slap up meal at Harvey Nicks- and we watched the sun set over Edinburgh from the Forth Floor. Gorgeous!

Monday should have been a recovery day but had the pleasure of lunching with Mary Contini, owner of Valvona & Crolla, the most AMAZING Italian deli/wine merchants/restaurant. Turned out her family is from same region in Italy mine is, and the Scotsman wanted to do an article along the lines of "Mary and Amy in conversation...."which was SUCH hard work in between mouthfuls of neapolitan ice cream, let me tell you. Had to scoot off to the last show, which was ok. A final visit to Monster Mash for dinner and home to pack.I will be SOOO happy to leave this beige box full of bad art and bent cutlery.

1 comment:

Will said...

Hi Amy. Saw your show on Saturday and enjoyed it immensely - one of the best shows I saw this year.

Got entirely caught up in the whole thing to the extent of looking up Mama Cass on Wikipedia afterwards just to check...