Sunday, February 11, 2007

I hate February.

I feel like my life has been pretty ho-hum for the past week or so, that's why I haven't posted. I pompommed myself out!

So this is what i've been up to. I've been spending a lot of time preparing for things that (fingers crossed) will happen later this year. Like going to Malaysia on assignment for the Times in April - well, they have commissioned me to write a travel article, all about Malaysian food/cooking/markets. But I have to do a lot of research and planning, and I have a big meeting with the head of the Malaysian Tourist Board on Monday, and I have to beg them to get the Strawberry Blonde a free flight too. I also heard this week that my show, "Amy Lamé's Mama Cass Family Singers", will be going to Australia, with me of course. Never been to Oz! The SB doesn't want to come- she's got something against Australia, but I don't know why as she's never been either. Mind you she really doesn't like America, but she's been with me for 13 yrs so what does that mean!? Anyway, I've got dates booked in for Brisbane, and will hopefully do some shows in Melbourne as well.
Sonny, my web wunderkid, is designing my new site and I've been to-ing and fro-ing on the phone with him. Knitting is coming along really well- though I had to pop into I Knit London on thurs eve for a bit of remedial help. I'm knitting a pink ribbed scarf for Dan and want to have it finished before winter is over. This week coming involves said meeting with Mr. Malaysia& radio show, and a public panel discussion & screening at Channel 4 on My Big Gay Prom- I mentored a group of gay and lesbian teeneages for the programme which comes out later this month. Wednesday the SB is cooking me dinner for VD (it's the only night of the year she cooks). In an unfortunate circumstance, the 14th is also our anniversary, but we've decided to defer it because I just can't take all that hearts and flowers shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Australia is gorgeous; you have to get the SB over her slightly odd prejudice. You'll enjoy it more as a couple, honest!