Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pancakes Akimbo!

The past few days have been spent making and eating pancakes. They take FOREVER to cook, and they are oh-so-easy to eat. Quite a volatile addiction, n'est-ce pas? Had a Pancake Party on Tuesday eve with a fine selection of friends (and pancakes) Savoury fillings included stilton & roast red pepper chutney; shittake and sherry ragout; smoked duck, chipotle mayonnaise, spring onion & watercress; smokes salmon, shrimp, creme fraiche and dill; ricotta, roasted red pepper and pesto. The sweet filling in chocolate pancakes was tawny marmalade with orange chocolate fudge sauce on top. And yes, it was all "from scratch". I don't have any photos to prove it though- I drank so much cava I forgot to take a few snaps. Why, in England, do we get pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, while in Brazil they get tits, teeth and seuins? It seems a bit unfair if you ask me.

Last night we did a photo shoot in my flat for the latest Duckie pics- for a club night we're doing in Birmingham in May,the 10th anniversary of the Fierce! festival. The theme is "childhood". I has to sneak into the kids nursery that's underneath our flat (it's a long story) and "borrow" some mini tables and chairs, dolls, giant lego, painting easel, etc etc. The Readers Wifes, Jay Cloth and myself all sat round the table drinking cider, smoking fags & eating crisps while fighting over baby dolls and painting rude things on the easel. I'll post the photos as soon as our Maitre d'Image, Bryon, sends 'em to me.

No comments: