Sunday, August 21, 2005

Round-Up of the Week

Had the proverbial mother-in-law here most of the week, which was a pleasure in many respects, not least because she is a whizz at the summer sales and came home after an afternoon shopping with loads of goodies for me & her daughter the Strawberry Blonde. Had dinner at the Mango Tree (posh Thai) and cocktails and dim sum the followning night at Shanghai Blues (posh Chinese). Must say the first was a special deal I found on the best website- www.toptable.co.uk, which has discount offers for eating out at some of London's top restaurants. I am dedicated to leading a lifestyle which my bank manager does not approve of, and toptable is a great way of achieving it! The visit to Shanghai Blues was courtesy of my friend Kirk, who runs a PR company for restaurants, bars and foodie events. Very thankfully I am on his permanent guest list, which means a hell of a lot of schmoozing and too many cocktails with funny umbrellas hanging out of them. Oh, the life!
Now I am not in "full-time" employment (ie not doing the BBC London breakfast show anymore) I find it all too easy to fill my days with dreaming, sunbathing in St. James's Park, looking after my girlfriend, having lunch with friends, strolling around Pimlico.....I did manage to do some work this week- another voiceover for Continental Airlines.
Next week is looking pretty busy, though- filming all day on Monday for London TV, theatre twice, dinner with friends, a hair appointment, and trip to Manchester for Big Gay Read...and fingers crossed, a side trip to see Burnley play Derby County at Turf Moor on Saturday.

No comments: